Monday, March 7, 2011

Finally!

Sorry it's been so long, but nothing has really been going on with Mom...we were waiting and waiting for those darn biopsy results. Hey, guess what, it's cancer! Didn't see that one coming! Sorry, a little humor =)
Anyways...So tomorrow she'll start chemo and radiation. For 25 days (or until April 11th), Mom will have 5 chemo pills a day, Monday-Friday, and radiation, 15 minutes a day, Mon-Friday...Radiation will for the most part be at 2:30 pm....She'll be able to rest on weekends from both, which is awesome! After 25 days of chemo and radiation, we'll begin several weeks of "resting" and "waiting"....they'll do another CT, and if the tumor has shrunk, the surgery would be around mid May-in other words, around the time Cameron is born.
So that's it in a nutshell...I'll be updating of course with how it's going and things like that...
I'm seeing the doc twice a week now for baby-can't believe I'm getting that close! PT is every other week, and has helped tremendously. I have been labeled as having "gestational diabetes", even though I only failed one number on the entire 3 hour test...you're declared that usually when you fail two numbers during the testing session-but I guess they're just being cautious and I'm still going for nutritional counseling. However, Cam has been looking fantastic, and I can't wait to meet another little man!
We've all been getting so much joy out of Collin! He's cruising around, and I'm waiting for those first steps! He and Mom spend much time wrestling on the floor, reading books, and playing with toys...they can't get enough of each other, and I'm so happy that there's such a huge amount to be thankful for right now!

Prayer Requests:
-Chemo-that nausea and diarrhea is kept to a minimum
-Radiation-that it doesn't totally drain Mom, and that the combo of chemo and radiation shrink that sucker down!
-Peace of mind continues as we realize Mom probably won't be there for the birth of her grandson, and for me, as I start to panic a little, realizing I won't have that help and support.
-For Dad-to continue to be an amazing support for Mom, and that he can find down time as well
-For Lauren-who is far away right now, and her heart wants to be with Mom during this time...

2 comments:

  1. You continue in my thoughts and prayers!!! God is able to hold you and keep you close!! Much love! <3

    ReplyDelete