Thursday, March 24, 2011

One Day at a Time...

This is what Mom said to me the other day. We were talking about how hard my pregnancy has been, and Mom told me,
"Yep, I pray for you every day, just that God gives you the energy and strength to make it though just one more day. Every day is a milestone. Just like my treatments. One day at a time. I finish that day of chemo and radiation, and I pass another milestone."

Yeah...my momma...she's a smart woman. She's been handling week 3 like a champ. At some point she pulled an arm muscle (she's lost a lot of muscle mass), and it's been killing her, especially since it's the arm she has to raise during radiation. But other then that? Yeah...she's rockin' it. The docs are very pleased with how she's handling it and how the process is going. She's even able to get those all important shopping trips in on the weekend for new clothes for the grandkids ;) Dad and Mom planned a little getaway for their anniversary/celebration of finishing chemo and radiation mid April (their anniversary is March 25th) and will be headed to Williamsburg, VA....site of their honeymoon! It is a much deserved vacation, and I tried to bribe them that Collin had to go, so Steve and I could have a vacation too-but that didn't seem to fly ;)

As for me? I'm plugging along....I can not wait for this pregnancy to be over! I've started insulin shots at night to keep up with the pregnancy hormones need for insulin, and I'll be starting Non-Stress tests at Carroll Hospital to keep an eye on Cameron (with GD, your placenta can start to deteriorate) ...I had these done with Collin last pregnancy (For unexplained bleeding) and although a pain, it's always good to know that the baby is healthy in there!

All hands are on deck as the nursery starts to take shape...Dad and Steve painted last weekend, Steve put up the closet organizer (we had to move the entire office downstairs), and this weekend Dad will work on the trim (helps when you have a painter in the family), Steve will work on touch ups, and hopefully the beautiful tree decals from Etsy will start to be put up. Mom and I will start working on the closet and moving Collin's stuff over (all the 0-6 stuff)...

Collin is growing like a weed and is a teething machine-we went from 0-60 in that aspect! He got his first tooth at 8 months, but didn't get anything more until 9.5 months..now at 10, he's got 4 popping through, and more on the way! He's crawling (we call him a stink bug, because that's what he looks like when he crawls), cruising, and starting to stand with just one hand supporting him.

So even though things are stressful and hectic, God continues to pour out his blessing on us, and especially Mom. People continually ask us how we're still so joyful and upbeat. I'm not going to lie-we have our moments of tears and exhaustion. But we know who our God is, we know what He is capable of, and we have seen first hand the amazing things He has already done in our lives.

Prayer Requests:
-That Mom's arm heals
-That the chemo and radiation continue so smoothly, and that they are getting the job done!
-That I can continue to make it one day at a time (and not get anywhere near bedrest like last pregnancy!)
-That Lauren and Justin have a smooth transition to Honolulu
-That Dad continues to have strength and energy as he supports Mom and I

1 comment: