Everytime Mom head to her chemo treatments, she always gets her blood drawn, and numbers are looked at. One of the more important numbers is called a "tumor marker"...instead of getting a CT or other imaging done all the time, this marker number tells us what the tumor could possibly be doing. If it's going up, that means the tumor is active, growing, spreading...obviously you want the number to go down...the actual number isn't as important as seeing it go down. By the time Mom was starting her chemo the number was in the 200's, then dropped to the 100's...this past week, we found out it's in the 60's!! In other words, the tumor still isn't growing or active, and could very well be still shrinking, or at least inactive! This is great news!! Mom is responding so well to the chemo, that they are going to do some more rounds (I forgot to ask Mom how many/when, etc. Or she told me and I forgot. That's very possible ;)Her color has returned, and some energy has definitely come back as the result of the blood transfusion...we're still just all trying to get back into the routine of work and watching the boys, etc...her kids seem to be a bit "trying" this year at school, so she will need every ounce of energy she can muster!
Prayer Requests:
-That the chemo continues to go well, and that tumor marker number continues to fall
-That Mom can maintain a certain level of energy
-That my boys don't give their grandparents too much of a time when they're being watched-it's exhausting enough for me (as my mom says, I know you're younger then me, but I still have NO idea how you do it..ha, neither do I Mom!), let alone two older people, one who has worked all day!
No comments:
Post a Comment